SAGINAW, MI – Covenant HealthCare announced on Tuesday, Dec. 1 that it recently opened up a new drive-thru center for COVID-19 testing to replace its Washington Avenue testing site for the winter season.
The drive-thru testing site is located at 4900 Fashion Square Mall in Saginaw Township at the former Sears Automotive building on the corner of Bay and Tittabawassee in the northwest corner of the mall parking lot. Covenant cited the automotive shop setup as being more practical to keep workers and patients warm in the winter weather.
Individuals are advised not to come to the center unless they have a doctor’s order for COVID-19 testing. As a safety precaution, people are asked to remain in their vehicles throughout the entire testing process.
The Covenant COVID-19 Testing Center is operational Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The center is closed on Sunday.
Currently, samples taken at the drive-thru center are being sent to outside laboratories and results are expected within two to four days, according to Covenant. Testing demand may impact the turnaround time of results.
According to the Saginaw County Health Department, there have been 8,425 total positive cases of coronavirus in the county as of Tuesday, Dec. 1, with 239 total deaths.
The Saginaw County Health Department issued the following guidelines and steps for residents to take if they test positive for COVID-19:
• As soon as you or a loved one tests positive, start isolation immediately for at least 10 days.
• Notify your close contacts and encourage them to start quarantine for a full 14 days and watch for symptoms.
• Go to www.saginawpublichealth.org and fill out the individual self-reporting form. This is required if you need a letter for your employer.
• Please follow all instructions to help curb the spread to others.
• If you have questions about isolation or quarantine, call the health department hotline at 989-758-3828
More from MLive: