Discussions around rescheduling West Indies’ tour of England have included the possibility of the visitors going into isolation for as long as 14 days.
The three-Test series was due to begin in June, but the shutdown of cricket in England and Wales has been extended until at least 1 July.
The earliest date the first Test could begin is thought to be 8 July.
If the Windies are in isolation, they are likely to have access to practice facilities at a locked-down venue.
BBC Sport understands the visitors’ planning involves leaving the Caribbean in mid-June, allowing enough time for any period of isolation, followed by practice matches.
The length of the isolation is another part of the discussions, with 14 days one of the options.
As it stands, there are no restrictions placed on overseas travellers arriving in the UK.
However, on Sunday, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps told the BBC plans for screening and quarantining people coming from abroad were “a serious point under consideration”.
On Saturday, the England and Wales Cricket Board said “positive” discussions had been held with Cricket West Indies over a revised schedule for the tour.
Any cricket that does take place this summer is likely to be behind closed doors, perhaps in a “bio-secure” environment.
Even then, the staging of matches and the ability of overseas teams to play in the UK will be determined by government guidelines.
Australia, Pakistan and Ireland are also due to tour England this summer.
The ECB has previously stated it is looking at rescheduling the international calendar for the period between July and the end of September.